Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
ASF1A (C6E10) Rabbit mAb #2990
|2990S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2990||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||20||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ASF1A (C6E10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total ASF1A protein. The antibody does not cross-react with ASF1B protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of the human ASF1A protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using ASF1A (C6E10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human melanoma using ASF1A (C6E10) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen specific peptide (right).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using ASF1A (C6E10) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 Phalloidin (red).
ASF1 was first identified in S. cerevisiae based on its ability to de-repress transcriptional silencing when overexpressed (1). While only one gene exists in yeast and Drosophila, mammalian cells contain the two highly homologous ASF1A and ASF1B genes (2). ASF1A and ASF1B function as histone chaperones, delivering histone H3/H4 dimers to CAF-1 or HIRA histone deposition complexes to facilitate replication-coupled and replication-independent nucleosome assembly on DNA (2-5). Both ASF1A and ASF1B bind to CAF-1, but only ASF1A binds to HIRA (5). In addition to playing a role in DNA replication and gene silencing, ASF1 functions in DNA damage repair, genome stability and cellular senescence. Deletion of ASF1 in yeast and Drosophila confers sensitivity to various DNA damaging agents and inhibitors of DNA replication, increases genomic instability and sister chromatid exchange, and activates the DNA damage checkpoint (6-8). Depletion of both ASF1A and ASF1B in mammalian cells results in the accumulation of cells in S phase, increased phosphorylation of H2A.X, centrosome amplification and apoptosis (9,10). ASF1A is required for the formation of senescence-associated heterochromatin foci (SAHF), with overexpression of ASF1A inducing senescence in primary cells (4). Both ASF1A and ASF1B are phosphorylated in S phase by the Tousled-like kinases TLK1 and TLK2, and are dephosphorylated when TLK1 and TLK2 are inactivated by Chk1 kinase in response to replicative stress (11,12). The function of ASF1 phosphorylation is not yet understood.
- Singer, M.S. et al. (1998) Genetics 150, 613-632.
- Mousson, F. et al. (2007) Chromosoma 116, 79-93.
- Tang, Y. et al. (2006) Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 13, 921-929.
- Zhang, R. et al. (2005) Dev. Cell. 8, 19-30.
- Daganzo, S.M. et al. (2003) Curr. Biol. 13, 2148-2158.
- Ramey, C.J. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell. Biol. 24, 10313-10327.
- Prado, F. et al. (2004) EMBO Rep. 5, 497-502.
- Tyler, J.K. et al. (1999) Nature 402, 555-560.
- Sanematsu, F. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 13817-13827.
- Groth, A. et al. (2005) Mol. Cell. 17, 301-311.
- Silljé, H.H. and Nigg, E.A. (2001) Curr. Biol. 11, 1068-1073.
- Carrera, P. et al. (2003) Genes Dev. 17, 2578-2590.
- Campeau, E. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e6529. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2902 ASF1B (C70E2) Rabbit mAb
- 2769 ASF1B Antibody
- 4121 Phospho-TLK1 (Ser743) Antibody
- 4125 TLK1 Antibody
- 2577 Phospho-Histone H2A.X (Ser139) Antibody
- 9718 Phospho-Histone H2A.X (Ser139) (20E3) Rabbit mAb
- 2595 Histone H2A.X Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.