Product Pathways - Metabolism
Insulin Receptor Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit #3015
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Antibody #2381||40 µl||W IP||H M R||180||Rabbit|
|Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (C15H5) Rabbit mAb #3203||40 µl||W||H M R||180||Rabbit IgG|
|IRS-2 Antibody #4502||40 µl||W||H M R||185||Rabbit|
|Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser318) (D51C3) Rabbit mAb #5610||40 µl||W IP||H M (R)||180||Rabbit IgG|
|IRS-1 (D23G12) Rabbit mAb #3407||40 µl||W IP||H M R Mk||180||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Antibody, Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (C15H5) Rabbit mAb and Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser318) Antibody detect endogenous levels of IRS-1 only when phosphorylated at Ser307, Ser612 or Ser318, respectively. Note: Ser318 is the mouse residue; the corresponding human residue is Ser323. IRS-1 Antibody and IRS-2 Antibody detect endogenous levels of total IRS-1 or IRS-2, respectively. The Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser318) antibody cross reacts with a inducible nonspecific band at around 57 kDa.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MCF-7 cells, unstimulated or insulin-stimulated (100 nM for 5 min), using IRS-1 Antibody #2382 (left) and Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Antibody #2381 (right).
Western blot analysis of MCF7, C2C12 and RD cell lines using IRS-1 (D23G12) Rabbit mAb #3407.
Western blot analysis of extracts from CHO IR/4PS cells (transfected with insulin receptor and IRS-2) or CHO IR/IRS-1 cells (transfected with insulin receptor and IRS-1), showing no change in total protein levels with insulin stimulation (100 nM for 5 min), using IRS-2 Antibody #4502 (upper) or IRS-1 Antibody #2382 (lower).
The Insulin Receptor Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means to investigate IRS-1 and IRS-2 signaling and phosphorylation within the cell. The kit contains enough antibody to perform four western blots with each primary antibody.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminal sequence of human IRS-2 and residues surrounding Ser307 of mouse IRS-1 (homologous to Ser312 of human IRS-1). Polyclonal antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography. Monoclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser612 of mouse IRS-1, a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence surrounding Ser270 of human IRS-1 and a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser318 of mouse IRS-1 protein.
Insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1) is one of the major substrates of the insulin receptor kinase (1). IRS-1 contains multiple tyrosine phosphorylation motifs that serve as docking sites for SH2-domain containing proteins that mediate the metabolic and growth-promoting functions of insulin (2-4). IRS-1 also contains over 30 potential serine/threonine phosphorylation sites. Ser307 of IRS-1 is phosphorylated by JNK (5) and IKK (6) while Ser789 is phosphorylated by SIK-2, a member of the AMPK family (7). The PKC and mTOR pathways mediate phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser612 and Ser636/639, respectively (8,9). Phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser1101 is mediated by PKCθ and results in an inhibition of insulin signaling in the cell, suggesting a potential mechanism for insulin resistance in some models of obesity (10).
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1991) Nature 352, 73-77.
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 22662-22672.
- Myers Jr., M.G. et al. (1993) Endocrinology 132, 1421-1430.
- Wang, L.M. et al. (1993) Science 261, 1591-1594.
- Rui, L. et al. (1997) J. Clin. Invest. 107, 181-189.
- Gao, Z. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 48115-48121.
- Horike, N. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 18440-18447.
- Ozes, O.N. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 4640-4645.
- De Fea, K. and Ruth, R.A. (1997) Biochemistry 36, 12939-12947.
- Li, Y. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 45304-45307.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2390 IRS-1 (59G8) Rabbit mAb
- 3193 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (L7B8) Mouse mAb
- 3194 IRS-1 (L3D12) Mouse mAb
- 2491 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) (34C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2384 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) Antibody
- 2580 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser332/336) Antibody
- 3089 IRS-2 (L1326) Antibody
- 2386 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) Antibody
- 2389 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser789) Antibody
- 2385 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser1101) Antibody
- 7133 PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7347 PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair
- 7283 PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7284 PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair
- 7287 PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7332 PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7328 PathScan® Total IRS-1 Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 3066 Phospho-IRS-1 (Tyr1222) Antibody
- 3070 Phospho-IRS-1 (Tyr895) Antibody
- 3203 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (C15H5) Rabbit mAb
- 3014 Insulin (C27C9) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.