Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
NF-κB2 p100/p52 (18D10) Rabbit mAb (Human Specific) #3017
|3017S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3017P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3017||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||52 active form. 120 precursor.||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
NF-kappaB2 p100/p52 (18D10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of both p100, the precursor, and p52 protein, the active form of NF-kappaB2. The antibody does not cross-react with other family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the amino-terminus of human NF-kappaB2 p100/p52.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, and COS cells, using NF-kB2 p100/p52 (18D10) Rabbit mAb (Human Specific).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using NF-kappaB2 p100/p52 (18D10) Rabbit mAb (Human Specific).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human osteosarcoma, using NF-kappaB2 p100/p52 (18D10) Rabbit mAb (Human Specific).
Transcription factors of the nuclear factor κ B (NF-κB)/Rel family play a pivotal role in inflammatory and immune responses (1,2). There are five family members in mammals: RelA, c-Rel, RelB, NF-κB1 (p105/p50), and NF-κB2 (p100/p52). Both p105 and p100 are proteolytically processed by the proteasome to produce p50 and p52, respectively. Rel proteins bind p50 and p52 to form dimeric complexes that bind DNA and regulate transcription. In unstimulated cells, NF-κB is sequestered in the cytoplasm by IκB inhibitory proteins (3-5). NF-κB-activating agents can induce the phosphorylation of IκB proteins, targeting them for rapid degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and releasing NF-κB to enter the nucleus where it regulates gene expression (6-8). NIK and IKKα (IKK1) regulate the phosphorylation and processing of NF-κB2 (p100) to produce p52, which translocates to the nucleus (9-11).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Henkel, T. (1994) Annu Rev Immunol 12, 141-79.
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1996) Cell 87, 13-20.
- Haskill, S. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 1281-9.
- Thompson, J.E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 573-82.
- Whiteside, S.T. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 1413-26.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Scherer, D.C. et al. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92, 11259-63.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Senftleben, U. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1495-9.
- Coope, H.J. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 5375-85.
- Xiao, G. et al. (2001) Mol Cell 7, 401-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4882 NF-κB2 p100/p52 Antibody
- 4810 Phospho-NF-κB2 p100 (Ser866/870) Antibody
- 3035 NF-κB1 p105/p50 Antibody
- 4806 Phospho-NF-κB p105 (Ser933) (18E6) Rabbit mAb
- 4764 NF-κB p65 (C22B4) Rabbit mAb
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 3039 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser468) Antibody
- 4954 RelB Antibody
- 4727 c-Rel Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.