Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MAPKAPK-2 Antibody #3042
|W IP F||H M R Mk (Hm)||Endogenous||47, 49 (Phosphorylated).||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MAPKAPK-2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MAPKAPK-2 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MAPKAPK-3 or -5.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminal region of human MAPKAPK-2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from untreated or UV treated HeLa and Cos cells using MAPKAPK-2 antibody.
In response to cytokines, stress, and chemotactic factors, MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2 (MAPKAPK-2) is rapidly phosphorylated and activated. It has been shown that MAPKAPK-2 is a direct target of p38 MAPK (1). Multiple residues of MAPKAPK-2 are phosphorylated in vivo in response to stress. However, only four residues (Thr25, Thr222, Ser272, and Thr334) are phosphorylated by p38 MAPK in an in vitro kinase assay (2). Phosphorylation at Thr222, Ser272, and Thr334 appears to be essential for the activity of MAPKAPK-2 (2). Thr25 is phosphorylated by p42 MAPK in vitro, but is not required for the activation of MAPKAPK-2 (2).
- Chang, E. et al. (2011) Blood 117, 2527-37. Applications: Western Blotting
- Manke, I.A. et al. (2005) Mol Cell 17, 37-48. Applications: Western Blotting
- Lee, W.H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21577-87. Applications: Western Blotting
- Sarkar, S. et al. (2011) Mol Cell Biol 31, 602-15. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3007 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb
- 3041 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.