Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Acetyl-NF-κB p65 (Lys310) Antibody #3045
|3045S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3045P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3045||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Transfected Only||65||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Monkey, Bovine, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Acetyl-NF-κB p65 (Lys310) Antibody detects transfected levels of NF-κB only when acetylated at Lys310.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic acetylated peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys310 of NF-κB. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Transcription factors of the nuclear factor κ B (NF-κB)/Rel family play a pivotal role in inflammatory and immune responses (1,2). There are five family members in mammals: RelA, c-Rel, RelB, NF-κB1 (p105/p50), and NF-κB2 (p100/p52). Both p105 and p100 are proteolytically processed by the proteasome to produce p50 and p52, respectively. Rel proteins bind p50 and p52 to form dimeric complexes that bind DNA and regulate transcription. In unstimulated cells, NF-κB is sequestered in the cytoplasm by IκB inhibitory proteins (3-5). NF-κB-activating agents can induce the phosphorylation of IκB proteins, targeting them for rapid degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and releasing NF-κB to enter the nucleus where it regulates gene expression (6-8). NIK and IKKα (IKK1) regulate the phosphorylation and processing of NF-κB2 (p100) to produce p52, which translocates to the nucleus (9-11).
NF-κB assembly with IκB, as well as its DNA binding and transcriptional activity, are regulated by p300/CBP acetytransferases that principally target Lys218, Lys221 and Lys310 (12-14). This process is reciprocally regulated by histone deacetylases (HDACs); several HDAC inhibitors have been shown to activate NF-κB (12-14).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Henkel, T. (1994) Annu Rev Immunol 12, 141-79.
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1996) Cell 87, 13-20.
- Haskill, S. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 1281-9.
- Thompson, J.E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 573-82.
- Whiteside, S.T. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 1413-26.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Scherer, D.C. et al. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92, 11259-63.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Senftleben, U. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1495-9.
- Coope, H.J. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 5375-85.
- Xiao, G. et al. (2001) Mol Cell 7, 401-9.
- Ashburner, B.P. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell. Biol. 21, 7065-7077.
- Mayo, M.W. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 18980-1899.
- Chen, L.F. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 6539-6548.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 4764 NF-κB p65 (C22B4) Rabbit mAb
- 9441 Acetylated-Lysine Antibody
- 9936 NF-κB Pathway Sampler Kit
- 4767 NF-κB p65 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9928 Histone Deacetylase (HDAC) Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9950 Trichostatin A (TSA)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.