Product Pathways - Metabolism
LKB1 (D60C5) Rabbit mAb #3047
|3047S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3047||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||54||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
LKB1 (D60C5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total LKB1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with an LKB1 partial fusion protein.
LKB1 (STK11) is a serine/threonine kinase and tumor suppressor that helps control cell structure, apoptosis and energy homeostasis through regulation of numerous downstream kinases (1,2). A cytosolic protein complex comprised of LKB1, putative kinase STRAD, and the MO25 scaffold protein, activates both AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) and several AMPK-related kinases (3). AMPK plays a predominant role as the master regulator of cellular energy homeostasis, controlling downstream effectors that regulate cell growth and apoptosis in response to cellular ATP concentrations (4). LKB1 appears to be phosphorylated in cells at several sites, including human LKB1 at Ser31/325/428 and Thr189/336/363 (5).
Mutation in the corresponding LKB1 gene causes Peutz-Jeghers syndrome (PJS), an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by benign GI tract polyps and dark skin lesions of the mouth, hands, and feet (6). A variety of other LKB1 gene mutations have been associated with the formation of sporadic cancers in several tissues (7).
- Baas, A.F. et al. (2004) Trends Cell Biol 14, 312-9.
- Marignani, P.A. (2005) J Clin Pathol 58, 15-9.
- Lizcano, J.M. et al. (2004) EMBO J 23, 833-43.
- Hardie, D.G. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 5479-87.
- Sapkota, G.P. et al. (2002) Biochem J 362, 481-90.
- Jenne, D.E. et al. (1998) Nat Genet 18, 38-43.
- Sanchez-Cespedes, M. (2007) Oncogene 26, 7825-32.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3054 Phospho-LKB1 (Thr189) Antibody
- 3055 Phospho-LKB1 (Ser334) Antibody
- 3050 LKB1 (27D10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.