Product Pathways - Metabolism
LKB1 (27D10) Rabbit mAb #3050
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||54||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LKB1 (27D10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of LKB1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human LKB1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Caki-1 and COS cells using LKB1 (27D10) Rabbit mAb.
LKB1 (STK11) is a serine/threonine kinase and tumor suppressor that helps control cell structure, apoptosis and energy homeostasis through regulation of numerous downstream kinases (1,2). A cytosolic protein complex comprised of LKB1, putative kinase STRAD, and the MO25 scaffold protein, activates both AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) and several AMPK-related kinases (3). AMPK plays a predominant role as the master regulator of cellular energy homeostasis, controlling downstream effectors that regulate cell growth and apoptosis in response to cellular ATP concentrations (4). LKB1 appears to be phosphorylated in cells at several sites, including human LKB1 at Ser31/325/428 and Thr189/336/363 (5).Mutation in the corresponding LKB1 gene causes Peutz-Jeghers syndrome (PJS), an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by benign GI tract polyps and dark skin lesions of the mouth, hands and feet (6). A variety of other LKB1 gene mutations have been associated with the formation of sporadic cancers in several tissues (7).
- Baas, A.F. et al. (2004) Trends Cell Biol 14, 312-9.
- Marignani, P.A. (2005) J Clin Pathol 58, 15-9.
- Lizcano, J.M. et al. (2004) EMBO J 23, 833-43.
- Hardie, D.G. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 5479-87.
- Sapkota, G.P. et al. (2002) Biochem J 362, 481-90.
- Jenne, D.E. et al. (1998) Nat Genet 18, 38-43.
- Sanchez-Cespedes, M. (2007) Oncogene 26, 7825-32.
- Mihaylova, M.M. et al. (2011) Cell 145, 607-21. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3047 LKB1 (D60C5) Rabbit mAb
- 3054 Phospho-LKB1 (Thr189) Antibody
- 3055 Phospho-LKB1 (Ser334) Antibody
- 2532 AMPKα Antibody
- 2535 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (40H9) Rabbit mAb
- 2531 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.