Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
NTF2 (5A3) Mouse mAb #3053
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||14||Mouse IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NTF2 (5A3) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total NTF2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full-length recombinant human NTF2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using NTF2 (5A3) Mouse mAb.
The small GTPase Ran resides on both the cytosolic and nucleosolic sides of the nuclear pore complex (NPC) and regulates the import and export of various proteins to and from the nucleus. Like other small GTPases, Ran exists in either a GTP-bound or GDP-bound state. RanGTP that resides in the nucleus and promotes nuclear export, while cytosolic RanGDP promotes import. The gradient of RanGTP across the nuclear membrane allows for appropriate movement of cargo proteins across the NPC as well as maintenance of the mitotic spindle (1-3).Nuclear transport factor 2 (NTF2) regulates the subcellular distribution and function of Ran (4-5). The NTF2 homodimer facilitates the diffusion of RanGDP through NPCs via transient interactions with phenylalanine-glycine (FG) repeat domains on NPC proteins. NTF2 stabilizes the GDP-bound form of Ran until it is induced to dissociate by a nuclear factor in an ATP-dependent manor, thus allowing the guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) RCC1 to mediate exchange of GDP for GTP on Ran (6-7).
- Mattaj, I.W. and Englmeier, L. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 265-306.
- Kalab, P. et al. (2002) Science 295, 2452-6.
- Becskei, A. and Mattaj, I.W. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 100, 1717-22.
- Ribbeck, K. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 6587-98.
- Steggerda, S.M. et al. (2000) Mol Biol Cell 11, 703-19.
- Stewart, M. (2000) Cell Struct Funct 25, 217-25.
- Yamada, M. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 36228-34.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4462 Ran Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.