Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
DUSP6/MKP3 Antibody #3058
|3058S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3058||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
DUSP6/MKP3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total DUSP6 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human DUSP6. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
MAP kinases are inactivated by dual-specificity protein phosphatases (DUSPs) that differ in their substrate specificity, tissue distribution, inducibility by extracellular stimuli, and cellular localization. DUSPs, also known as MAPK phosphatases (MKP), specifically dephosphorylate both threonine and tyrosine residues in MAPK P-loops and have been shown to play important roles in regulating the function of the MAPK family (1,2). At least 13 members of the family (DUSP1-10, DUSP14, DUSP16, and DUSP22) display unique substrate specificities for various MAP kinases (3). MAPK phosphatases typically contain an amino-terminal rhodanese-fold responsible for DUSP docking to MAPK family members and a carboxy-terminal catalytic domain (4). These phosphatases can play important roles in development, immune system function, stress responses, and metabolic homeostasis (5). In addition, research studies have implicated DUSPs in the development of cancer and the response of cancer cells to chemotherapy (6).
DUSP6 specifically dephosphorylates ERK MAP kinase (7).
- Camps, M. et al. (2000) FASEB J 14, 6-16.
- Theodosiou, A. and Ashworth, A. (2002) Genome Biol 3, REVIEWS3009.
- Salojin, K. and Oravecz, T. (2007) J Leukoc Biol 81, 860-9.
- Tanoue, T. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 22942-9.
- Dickinson, R.J. and Keyse, S.M. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 4607-15.
- Wu, G.S. (2007) Cancer Metastasis Rev 26, 579-85.
- Kim, Y. et al. (2003) Biochemistry 42, 15197-207.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2857 Phospho-DUSP1/MKP1 (Ser359) (125E2) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.