Product Pathways - Protein Folding
HSPB8/HSP22 Antibody #3059
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||22||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HSPB8/HSP22 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total HSPB8/HSP22 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human HSPB8/HSP22. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
HSPB8 (HSP22) is a member of the small heat shock protein superfamily and the human protein is most closely related to HSP27. Similar to most other small HSPs (sHSPs), HSPB8 is predominantly transcribed in skeletal muscle and heart (1). In a two hybrid screen, HSPB8 interacted preferentially with a triple aspartate form of HSP27 which mimics HSP27 phosphorylated at Ser15, Ser78, and Ser82, as compared to wild-type HSP27 (2). HSPB8 has two binding domains (N- and C-terminal) that are specific for different binding partners, and has the ability to bind to itself and other sHSPs such as HSPB7 and HSPB2 (3). The chaperone-like activity is of great importance to the function of HSP22 in various processes including proliferation, apoptosis and macroautophagy (4).
- Kappé, G. et al. (2001) Biochim Biophys Acta 1520, 1-6.
- Benndorf, R. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 26753-61.
- Sun, X. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 2394-402.
- Kim, M.V. et al. (2004) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 325, 649-52.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2401 Phospho-HSP27 (Ser82) Antibody
- 2402 HSP27 (G31) Mouse mAb
- 2404 Phospho-HSP27 (Ser15) Antibody
- 2405 Phospho-HSP27 (Ser78) Antibody
- 2406 Phospho-HSP27 (Ser82) Antibody II
- 2442 HSP27 Antibody (Rodent Preferred)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.