Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-PDK1 (Ser241) Antibody #3061
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||58 to 68||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PDK1 (Ser241) Antibody detects PDK1 only when phosphorylated at Ser241.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser241 of human PDK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 cells (starved for 16 hours) treated with PDGF (50 ng/ml), using Phospho-PDK1 (Ser241) Antibody (upper) or control PDK1 antibody (lower). The phospho-specificity of the antibody was confirmed by treating the membrane with calf intestinal alkaline phosphatase (CIP) after Western transfer.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells transiently transfected with DNA constructs expressing Wild-type PDK1 or S241A mutant PDK1, treated with IGF-1, using Phospho-PDK1 (Ser241) Antibody (upper) or control PDK1 Antibody #3062 (lower). (Cell lysates provided by Dr. M. Scheid, Ontario Cancer Institute, University Health Network, Toronto.)
Phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) plays a central role in many signal transduction pathways (1,2) including the activation of Akt and the PKC isoenzymes p70 S6 kinase and RSK (3). Through its effects on these kinases, PDK1 is involved in the regulation of a wide variety of processes, including cell proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis.
Several serine sites (Ser25, Ser241, Ser393/396 and Ser410) are phosphorylated on PDK1 in unstimulated human embryo kidney 293 cells, as well as IGF-1 stimulated cells (4). Phosphorylation on the activation loop Ser241 by autophosphorylation is necessary for PDK1 activity (4).
- Belham, C. et al. (1999) Curr. Biol. 9, R93-R96.
- Toker, A. and Newton, A.C. (2000) Cell 103, 185-188.
- Williams, M.R. et al. (2000) Curr. Biol. 10, 439-448.
- Casamayor, A. et al. (1999) Biochem J 342 ( Pt 2), 287-92.
- Tanaka, Y. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 33753-62. Applications: Western Blotting
- Sawitzky, M. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e39711. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3062 PDK1 Antibody
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 2965 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) (C31E5E) Rabbit mAb
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 9374 Phospho-PKCδ (Thr505) Antibody
- 9378 Phospho-PKCζ/λ (Thr410/403) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.