Product Pathways - Protein Translation
PKR Antibody #3072
|3072S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3072||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
PKR Antibody detects endogenous levels of PKR. This antibody does not cross-react with other related proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr451 of human PKR. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Protein kinase R (PKR) is transcriptionally induced by interferon and activated by double-stranded RNA (dsRNA). PKR inhibits translation initiation through phosphorylation of the α subunit of the initiation factor eIF2 (eIF2α) and also controls the activation of several transcription factors, such as NF-κB, p53, and the Stats. In addition, PKR mediates apoptosis induced by many different stimuli, such as LPS, TNF-α, viral infection, and serum starvation (1,2). Activation of PKR by dsRNA results in PKR dimerization and autophosphorylation of Thr446 and Thr451 in the activation loop. Substitution of threonine for alanine at position 451 completely inactivated PKR, while a mutant with a threonine to alanine substitution at position 446 was partially active (3). Research studies have implicated PKR activation in the pathologies of neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer's disease (4,5).
- Williams, B.R. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6112-6120.
- Gil, J. and Esteban, M. (2000) Apoptosis 5, 107-114.
- Romano, P. R. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 2282-2297.
- Peel, A.L. and Bredesen, D.E. (2003) Neurobiol. Dis. 14, 52-62.
- Peel, A.L. (2004) J. Neuropath. Exp. Neurol. 63, 97-105.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2766 PKR (N216) Antibody
- 3597 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) (119A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9722 eIF2α Antibody
- 3595 eIF2B-ε Antibody
- 9721 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Antibody
- 1221 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Blocking Peptide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.