Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-ROS1 (Tyr2274) Antibody #3078
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Ros (Tyr2274) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Ros only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 2274. This antibody may cross-react with other unknown proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr2274 of human Ros.
Western blot analysis of HCC78 cell lysate untreated (upper), or treated with calf intestinal phosphatase (CIP) (middle and lower), using Phospho-Ros (Tyr2274) Antibody (upper and middle), or Ros control antibody (lower). HCC78 cells express a SLC3482-Ros fusion protein which contains an activated Ros kinase fragment. (Rikova, K et al (2007) Cell 131:1190-1203)
ROS1, an orphan receptor tyrosine kinase of the insulin receptor family, was initially identified as a homolog of v-ros from the UR2 sarcoma virus (1). ROS1 consists of a large extracellular domain that is composed of six fibronectin repeats, a transmembrane domain, and an intracellular kinase domain. While the function of ROS1 is undefined, it has been shown to play an important role in differentiation of epididymal epithelium (2). The first oncogenic fusion of ROS1, FIG-ROS1, was initially identified by research studies in glioblastoma (3), and subsequent studies have found this fusion in cholangiocarcinoma (4), ovarian cancer (5) and non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) (6). Investigators have found additional oncogenic ROS1 fusion proteins in NSCLC (at a frequency of ~1.6%), where the ROS1 kinase domain is fused to the amino-terminal region of a number of different proteins, including CD74 and SLC34A2 (6-8). ROS1 fusion proteins activate the SHP-2 phosphatase, PI3K/Akt/mTOR, Erk, and Stat3 pathways (3,4,9).
- Matsushime, H. et al. (1986) Mol Cell Biol 6, 3000-4.
- Yeung, C.H. et al. (1999) Biol Reprod 61, 1062-9.
- Charest, A. et al. (2003) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 37, 58-71.
- Gu, T.L. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e15640.
- Birch, A.H. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e28250.
- Rimkunas, V.M. et al. (2012) Clin Cancer Res 18, 4449-57.
- Rikova, K. et al. (2007) Cell 131, 1190-203.
- Stumpfova, M. and Jänne, P.A. (2012) Clin Cancer Res 18, 4222-4.
- Jun, H.J. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 3764-74.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3266 ROS1 (69D6) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.