Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288) (C39D8) Rabbit mAb #3079
|W IF-IC||H||Endogenous||48||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288) (C39D8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Aurora A only when phosphorylated at Thr288.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Thr288 of human Aurora A.
Western blot analysis of extracts from hydroxyurea or nocodazole treated HeLa and HT29 cells using Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288) (C39D8) Rabbit mAb.
Aurora A (AIK) is a cell cycle-regulated Ser/Thr protein kinase that is overexpressed in many tumor cell lines (1-3). Phosphorylation of Aurora A at Thr288 within the kinase activation loop results in a significant increase in its activity and may target the protein for proteasomal degradation during mitosis (4). The closely-related kinase Aurora B (AIM1) has been implicated in multiple mitotic events (5), and siRNA silencing of Aurora B expression results in reduced histone H3 phosphorylation, aberrant chromosome alignment/segregation, and altered survivin localization (6).
- Bischoff, J.R. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 3052-65.
- Zhou, H. et al. (1998) Nat Genet 20, 189-93.
- Sen, S. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 2195-200.
- Walter, A.O. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 4906-16.
- Kallio, M.J. et al. (2002) Curr Biol 12, 900-5.
- Hauf, S. et al. (2003) J Cell Biol 161, 281-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4718 Aurora A/AIK (1G4) Rabbit mAb
- 3092 Aurora A/AIK Antibody
- 2914 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288)/Aurora B (Thr232)/Aurora C (Thr198) (D13A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.