Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific) #3081
|3081S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3081||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific) detects endogenous levels of rat C/EBPbeta only when phosphorylated at serine 105. It does not cross-react with phosphorylated rat C/EBP family members alpha, delta, gamma, epsilon or zeta. It also does not recognize the p20 LIP rat C/EBPbeta isoform.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser105 of rat C/EBPbeta. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from untreated or serum stimulated PC12 cells, using Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific) (A, B) or C/EBPbeta Antibody #3082 (C, D). Nitrocellulose membranes B and D were treated with alkaline phosphatase (CIP) to show the phospho-specificity of Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody.
CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins (C/EBPs) are a family of transcription factors critical for cellular differentiation, terminal functions and inflammatory response (1). Six members of the family have been characterized (C/EBPα, -β, -γ, -δ, -ε and -ζ) and are distributed in a variety of tissues (1). There are two forms of C/EBPβ, the 38 kDa liver activating protein (LAP) and the 20 kDa liver inhibitory protein (LIP) which may be products of alternative translation. The 38 kDa LAP protein is a transcriptional activator while LIP may act as an inhibitor of C/EBPβ transcriptional activity (2). Phosphorylation of C/EBPβ at distinct sites stimulates its transcriptional activity (3-5). Phosphorylation at serine 105 of rat C/EBPβ, a unique site only present in the rat sequence, seems essential for rat C/EBPβ activation (6).
- Lekstrom-Himes, J. and Xanthopoulos, K.G. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 28545-28548.
- Calkhoven, C.F. et al. (2000) Genes Dev. 14, 1920-1932.
- Wegner, M. et al. (1992) Science 256, 370-373.
- Trautwein, C. et al. (1993) Nature 364, 544-547.
- Nakajima, T. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90, 2207-2211.
- Buck, M. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 4, 1087-1092.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3082 C/EBPbeta Antibody
- 2295 C/EBPα Antibody
- 2318 C/EBPδ Antibody
- 2843 C/EBPalpha (p42) Antibody
- 3087 C/EBPβ (LAP) Antibody
- 2841 Phospho-C/EBPα (Ser21) Antibody
- 2844 Phospho-C/EBPα (Thr222/226) Antibody
- 3084 Phospho-C/EBPβ (Thr235) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.