Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-C/EBPβ (Thr235) Antibody #3084
|3084S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3084||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||19 LIP. 36 LAP. 38 LAP.||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-C/EBPβ (Thr235) Antibody detects endogenous levels of human LAP only when phosphorylated at Thr235, mouse and rat LAP only when phosphorylated at Thr188, and LIP only when phosphorylated at Thr37. This antibody does not cross-react with other phosphorylated C/EBPs.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding threonine 235 of human C/EBPβ. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins (C/EBPs) are a family of transcription factors critical for cellular differentiation, terminal functions and inflammatory response (1). Six members of the family have been characterized (C/EBPα, -β, -γ, -δ, -ε and -ζ) and are distributed in a variety of tissues (1). There are two forms of C/EBPβ, the 38 kDa liver activating protein (LAP) and the 20 kDa liver inhibitory protein (LIP) which may be products of alternative translation. The 38 kDa LAP protein is a transcriptional activator while LIP may act as an inhibitor of C/EBPβ transcriptional activity (2). Phosphorylation of C/EBPβ at distinct sites stimulates its transcriptional activity (3-5). Phosphorylation at serine 105 of rat C/EBPβ, a unique site only present in the rat sequence, seems essential for rat C/EBPβ activation (6).
- Lekstrom-Himes, J. and Xanthopoulos, K.G. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 28545-28548.
- Calkhoven, C.F. et al. (2000) Genes Dev. 14, 1920-1932.
- Wegner, M. et al. (1992) Science 256, 370-373.
- Trautwein, C. et al. (1993) Nature 364, 544-547.
- Nakajima, T. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90, 2207-2211.
- Buck, M. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 4, 1087-1092.
- Piwien-Pilipuk, G. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 44557-65. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3082 C/EBPbeta Antibody
- 3087 C/EBPβ (LAP) Antibody
- 3081 Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 2841 Phospho-C/EBPα (Ser21) Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.