Product Pathways - Metabolism
IRS-2 (L1326) Antibody #3089
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||185||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IRS-2 (L1326) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total IRS-2 protein. It does not cross-react with IRS-1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu1326 of human IRS-2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Insulin Receptor Substrate 2 (IRS-2) is one of the major substrates of the insulin receptor kinase (1). In vertebrates, IRS-2 functions as a scaffolding protein to coordinate separate branches of the Insulin/IGF-signaling cascades (2). IRS-2 is essential for normal nutrient homeostasis because it mediates both peripheral insulin action and the effect of IGF-1 on B-cell growth. Mice lacking IRS-2 fail to maintain sufficient compensatory insulin secretion and develop diabetes as young adults (3).
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1991) Nature 352, 73-77.
- White, M.F. (2002) Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 283, E413-E422.
- Withers, D.J. et al. (1998) Nature 391, 900-904.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4502 IRS-2 Antibody
- 2385 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser1101) Antibody
- 3015 Insulin Receptor Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.