Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Aurora A/AIK Antibody #3092
|3092S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3092||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Aurora A/AIK Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Aurora A/AIK protein. The antibody may cross-react with AIK3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of human Aurora A/AIK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, HepG2 and COS cells, using Aurora A/AIK Antibody.
Aurora A (AIK) is a cell cycle-regulated Ser/Thr protein kinase that is overexpressed in many tumor cell lines (1-3). Phosphorylation of Aurora A at Thr288 within the kinase activation loop results in a significant increase in its activity and may target the protein for proteasomal degradation during mitosis (4). The closely-related kinase Aurora B (AIM1) has been implicated in multiple mitotic events (5), and siRNA silencing of Aurora B expression results in reduced histone H3 phosphorylation, aberrant chromosome alignment/segregation, and altered survivin localization (6).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2914 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288)/Aurora B (Thr232)/Aurora C (Thr198) (D13A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3079 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288) (C39D8) Rabbit mAb
- 4718 Aurora A/AIK (1G4) Rabbit mAb
- 3094 Aurora B/AIM1 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.