Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Aurora B/AIM1 Antibody #3094
|W IP F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Aurora B/AIM1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of Aurora B/AIM1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of human Aurora B/AIM1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Hela, NIH/3T3 and C6 cells, untreated or nocodazole-treated (50 ng/ml, 24 hrs), using Aurora B/AIM1 Antibody.
Aurora A (AIK) is a cell cycle-regulated Ser/Thr protein kinase that is overexpressed in many tumor cell lines (1-3). Phosphorylation of Aurora A at Thr288 within the kinase activation loop results in a significant increase in its activity and may target the protein for proteasomal degradation during mitosis (4). The closely-related kinase Aurora B (AIM1) has been implicated in multiple mitotic events (5), and siRNA silencing of Aurora B expression results in reduced histone H3 phosphorylation, aberrant chromosome alignment/segregation, and altered survivin localization (6).
- Bischoff, J.R. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 3052-65.
- Zhou, H. et al. (1998) Nat Genet 20, 189-93.
- Sen, S. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 2195-200.
- Walter, A.O. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 4906-16.
- Kallio, M.J. et al. (2002) Curr Biol 12, 900-5.
- Hauf, S. et al. (2003) J Cell Biol 161, 281-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2914 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288)/Aurora B (Thr232)/Aurora C (Thr198) (D13A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3079 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288) (C39D8) Rabbit mAb
- 4718 Aurora A/AIK (1G4) Rabbit mAb
- 3092 Aurora A/AIK Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.