Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
JMJD1B (C6D12) Rabbit mAb #3100
|W IP IHC-P||H Mk||Endogenous||220||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
JMJD1B (C6D12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of JMJD1B protein (all three isoforms). This antibody does not cross react with other Jumonji C proteins, including HR, JMJD1A and JMJD1C.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of the human JMJD1B protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and NCCIT cell lines using JMJD1B (C6D12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using JMJD1B (C6D12) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using JMJD1B (C6D12) Rabbit mAb.
The methylation state of lysine residues in histone proteins is a major determinant of the formation of active and inactive regions of the genome and is crucial for the proper programming of the genome during development (1,2). Jumonji C (JmjC) domain-containing proteins represent the largest class of potential histone demethylase proteins (3). The JmjC domain of several proteins has been shown to catalyze the demethylation of mono-, di-, and tri-methyl lysine residues via an oxidative reaction that requires iron and α-ketoglutarate (3). Based on homology, both humans and mice contain at least 30 such proteins, which can be divided into seven separate families (3). The JMJD1 (Jumonji domain-containing protein 1) family, also known as JHDM2 (JmjC domain-containing histone demethylation protein 2) family, contains four members: hairless (HR), JMJD1A/JHDM2A, JMJD1B/JHDM2B, and JMJD1C/JHDM2C. Hairless is expressed in the skin and brain and acts as a co-repressor of the thyroid hormone receptor (4-6). Mutations in the hairless gene cause alopecia in both mice and humans (4,5). JMJD1A is expressed in meiotic and post-meiotic male germ cells, contributes to androgen receptor-mediated gene regulation, and is required for spermatogenesis (7-9). It has also been identified as a downstream target of OCT4 and STAT3 and is critical for the regulation of self-renewal in embryonic stem cells (10,11). JMJD1B is a more widely expressed family member and is frequently deleted in myeloid leukemia (12). JMJD1C (also known as TRIP8) is a co-factor of both the androgen and thyroid receptors and has a potential link to autism (13-15). Members of the JMJD1/JHDM2 family have been shown to demethylate mono-methyl and di-methyl histone H3 (Lys9) (3,8).
- Kubicek, S. et al. (2006) Ernst Schering Res Found Workshop , 1-27.
- Lin, W. and Dent, S.Y. (2006) Curr Opin Genet Dev 16, 137-42.
- Klose, R.J. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Genet 7, 715-27.
- Cachon-Gonzalez, M.B. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 7717-21.
- Ahmad, W. et al. (1998) Science 279, 720-4.
- Potter, G.B. et al. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 2687-701.
- Höög, C. et al. (1991) Mol Reprod Dev 30, 173-81.
- Yamane, K. et al. (2006) Cell 125, 483-95.
- Okada, Y. et al. (2007) Nature 450, 119-23.
- Loh, Y.H. et al. (2007) Genes Dev 21, 2545-57.
- Ko, S.Y. et al. (2006) Cell Struct Funct 31, 53-62.
- Hu, Z. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6946-54.
- Lee, J.W. et al. (1995) Mol Endocrinol 9, 243-54.
- Wolf, S.S. et al. (2007) Arch Biochem Biophys 460, 56-66.
- Castermans, D. et al. (2007) Eur J Hum Genet 15, 422-31.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4069 Pan-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 9753 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 2621 JMJD1B/JHDM2B Antibody
- 3273 JARID1B Antibody
- 2898 JMJD2B Antibody
- 2184 LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb
- 3202 Androgen Receptor Antibody
- 2750 Oct-4 Antibody
- 9139 Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.