Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
IFN-α (6B18) Mouse mAb #3110
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IFN-α (6B18) Mouse mAb detects recombinant human interferon-α protein. This antibody does not cross-react with human interferon-β and -γ.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with purified natural human interferon-α proteins.
Interferons (IFNs) appear both locally and systematically early after viral infection and participate in limiting the spread of infection. They also affect cell differentiation, growth, surface antigen expression and immunoregulation (1). There are three naturally occurring interferons: α, β and γ. IFN-α is derived from lymphoblastic tissue and has a number of therapeutic applications in the treatment of various human cancers and diseases of viral origin. Recombinant IFN-α from both natural and synthetic genes binds to a common cell surface receptor and induces antiviral activity in a variety of cell lines. When binding to discrete cell surface receptors on target cells, IFN-α induces rapid changes in Jak/Stat phosphorylation, which initiates the Jak/Stat signaling pathway (2). IFN-α signaling also involves production of DAG without an increased intracellular free calcium concentration and the subsequent activation of calcium-independent isoforms of PKC (β and ε) (3). All IFN-α signaling pathways lead to final alterations of gene expression, which mediate their pleiotropic biologic activities.
- Stiehm, E.R. et al. (1982) Ann Intern Med 96, 80-93.
- Pellegrini, S. et al. (1989) Mol Cell Biol 9, 4605-12.
- Pfeffer, L.M. and Colamonici, O.R. (1991) Pharmacol Ther 52, 149-57.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3115 IFN-α (8C21) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.