Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
VASP Antibody #3112
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||46, 50||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
VASP Antibody detects endogenous levels of total VASP protein. The antibody does not cross-react with VASP homologues, such as EVL and Mena.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser157 of human VASP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein (VASP) was originally characterized as a substrate of both cGMP- and cAMP-dependent kinases (PKG and PKA, or cGPK and cAPK, respectively) (1). It is now believed that VASP belongs to the Ena/VASP family of adaptor proteins linking the cytoskeletal system to the signal transduction pathways and that it functions in cytoskeletal organization, fibroblast migration, platelet activation and axon guidance (2,3). Three phosphorylation sites, Ser157, Ser239, and Thr278, have been identified. Ser239 is the major PKG phosphorylation site while Ser157 is the major PKA phosphorylation site (4). Evidence suggests that VASP phosphorylation reduces its association with actin and has a negative effect on actin polymerization (5). Phosphorylation at Ser239 of VASP is a useful marker for monitoring PKG activation and signaling (6,7).
- Butt, E. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 14509-14517.
- Ball, L.J. et al. (2000) EMBO J. 19, 4903-4914.
- Machesky, L.M. et al. (2000) Cell 101, 685-688.
- Smolenski, A. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 20029-20035.
- Harbeck, B. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 30817-30825.
- Oelze, M. et al. (2000) Circ. Res. 87, 999-1005.
- Lawrence, D.W. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 166, 5550-5556.
- Forrester, M.T. et al. (2011) Biotechniques 50, 41-5. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3111 Phospho-VASP (Ser157) Antibody
- 3114 Phospho-VASP (Ser239) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3120 VASP (A290) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.