Product Pathways - Metabolism
HNF4α (C11F12) Rabbit mAb #3113
|W IHC-P IF-IC||H||Endogenous||52||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HNF4α (C11F12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total HNF4α protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human HNF4α.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human hepatocellular carcinoma using HNF4α (C11F12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded HepG2 cells in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen specific peptide (right) using HNF4α (C11F12E8) Rabbit mAb.
Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4α (HNF4α) is a transcription factor that belongs to the steroid hormone receptor superfamily and is enriched in liver (1). HNF4α, in association with PGC-1α, activates gluconeogenic genes such as phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase and glucose-6-phosphatase genes in fasted livers (2,3). Conditional knockout of the HNF4α gene in the mouse liver destroys lipid homeostasis and leads to lipid accumulation in the liver and a reduction of serum cholesterol and triglyceride levels (4). Mutations in HNF4α have been linked to maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY) (5).
- Sladek, F.M. et al. (1990) Genes Dev. 4, 2353-2365.
- Yoon, J.C. et al. (2001) Nature 413, 131-138.
- Rhee, J. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100, 4012-4017.
- Hayhurst, G.P. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell Biol. 21, 1393-1403.
- Ellard, S. and Colclough, K. (2006) Hum. Mutat. 27, 854-869.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3117 HNF4α (G162) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.