Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
VASP (9A2) Rabbit mAb #3132
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Hm Mk B||Endogenous||46, 50||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
VASP (9A2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total VASP protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human and mouse VASP.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using VASP (9A2) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of VASP from HeLa cell extracts using VASP Rabbit mAb. The same antibody was used for Western detection.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HUVE cells using VASP (9A2) Rabbit mAb (green) and MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb #4694 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5™ (fluorescent DNA dye).
Vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein (VASP) was originally characterized as a substrate of both cGMP- and cAMP-dependent kinases (PKG and PKA, or cGPK and cAPK, respectively) (1). It is now believed that VASP belongs to the Ena/VASP family of adaptor proteins linking the cytoskeletal system to the signal transduction pathways and that it functions in cytoskeletal organization, fibroblast migration, platelet activation and axon guidance (2,3). Three phosphorylation sites, Ser157, Ser239, and Thr278, have been identified. Ser239 is the major PKG phosphorylation site while Ser157 is the major PKA phosphorylation site (4). Evidence suggests that VASP phosphorylation reduces its association with actin and has a negative effect on actin polymerization (5). Phosphorylation at Ser239 of VASP is a useful marker for monitoring PKG activation and signaling (6,7).
- Butt, E. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 14509-14517.
- Ball, L.J. et al. (2000) EMBO J. 19, 4903-4914.
- Machesky, L.M. et al. (2000) Cell 101, 685-688.
- Smolenski, A. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 20029-20035.
- Harbeck, B. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 30817-30825.
- Oelze, M. et al. (2000) Circ. Res. 87, 999-1005.
- Lawrence, D.W. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 166, 5550-5556.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3111 Phospho-VASP (Ser157) Antibody
- 3114 Phospho-VASP (Ser239) Antibody
- 3120 VASP (A290) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.