Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
α-Actinin Antibody #3134
|W IF-IC||H M R Hm Mk||Endogenous||100||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
α-Actinin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total α-actinin-1 protein. Based on sequence homology, the antibody may cross-react with α-actinin isoforms 2 and 4.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues of human α-actinin-1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3, C6, CHO and COS cells using α-Actinin Antibody.
α-Actinin belongs to the spectrin family of cytoskeletal proteins. It was first recognized as an actin cross-linking protein, forming an antiparallel homodimer with an actin binding head at the amino terminus of each monomer. More recently, α-actinin has been shown to interact with a large number of proteins involved in signaling to the cytoskeleton including those involved in cellular adhesion, migration, and immune cell targeting (1). The interaction of α-actinin with intercellular adhesion molecule-5 (ICAM-5) helps to promote neurite outgrowth (2). In osteoblasts, interaction of α-actinin with integrins stabilizes focal adhesions and may protect cells from apoptosis (3). Isoforms 1 and 4 of α-actinin, which are non-muscle isoforms, are present in stress fibers, sites of adhesion and intercellular contacts, filopodia, and lamellipodia. The muscle isoforms 2 and 3 localize to the Z-discs of striated muscle and to dense bodies and plaques in smooth muscle (1).
- Otey, C.A. and Carpen, O. (2004) Cell Motil. Cytoskeleton 58, 104-111.
- Nyman-Huttunen, H. et al. (2006) J. Cell Sci. 119, 3057-3066.
- Triplett, J.W. and Pavalko, F.M. (2006) Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. 291, C909-921.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4967 β-Actin Antibody
- 4970 β-Actin (13E5) Rabbit mAb
- 4968 Pan-Actin Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.