Product Pathways - Metabolism
FoxA2/HNF3β Antibody #3143
|W IP IF-IC||H (M) (R)||Endogenous||50||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FoxA2/HNF3β Antibody detects endogenous levels of total FoxA2/HNF3β protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence of human FoxA2/HNF3β. Antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Forkhead box protein A2 (FoxA2, also known as hepatocyte nuclear factor 3β or HNF3β) is a transcription factor that plays an important role in hepatocyte function (1). FoxA2/HNF3β is required for the activation of hepatic gluconeogenic gene expression during fasting (1). Together with the PGC-1β coactivator, FoxA2/HNF3β stimulates the expression of genes involved in fatty acid β-oxidation and therefore increases fatty acid metabolism (2). FoxA2/HNF3β, along with PGC-1β, also activates the expression of microsomal triacylglycerol transfer protein (MTP) and promotes VLDL secretion (2). In addition to its roles in metabolic syndromes, FoxA2/HNF3β is essential for development of the endoderm and midline structures in mouse embryos (3-5).
- Zhang, L. et al. (2005) Cell Metab 2, 141-8.
- Wolfrum, C. and Stoffel, M. (2006) Cell Metab 3, 99-110.
- Levinson-Dushnik, M. and Benvenisty, N. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 3817-22.
- Weinstein, D.C. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 575-88.
- Ang, S.L. and Rossant, J. (1994) Cell 78, 561-74.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3113 HNF4α (C11F12) Rabbit mAb
- 3117 HNF4α (G162) Antibody
- 2880 FoxO1 (C29H4) Rabbit mAb
- 9454 FoxO1 (L27) Antibody
- 2497 FoxO3a (75D8) Rabbit mAb
- 2499 FoxO4 (55D4) Rabbit mAb
- 9472 FoxO4 Antibody
- 9461 Phospho-FoxO1 (Ser256) Antibody
- 2486 Phospho-FoxO1 (Ser319) Antibody
- 9464 Phospho-FoxO1 (Thr24)/FoxO3a (Thr32) Antibody
- 2599 Phospho-FoxO1 (Thr24)/FoxO3a (Thr32)/FoxO4 (Thr28) (4G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9466 Phospho-FoxO3a (Ser253) Antibody
- 9465 Phospho-FoxO3a (Ser318/321) Antibody
- 9471 Phospho-FoxO4 (Ser193) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.