Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Phospho-Ezrin (Tyr353) Antibody #3144
|3144S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3144||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Ezrin (Tyr353) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Ezrin only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 353. The antibody does not cross-react with phosphorylated Moesin or Radixin.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr353 of human Ezrin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM) proteins function as linkers between the plasma membrane and the actin cytoskeleton and are involved in cell adhesion, membrane ruffling, and microvilli formation (1). ERM proteins undergo intra or intermolecular interaction between their amino- and carboxy-terminal domains, existing as inactive cytosolic monomers or dimers (2). Phosphorylation at a carboxy-terminal threonine residue (Thr567 of ezrin, Thr564 of radixin, Thr558 of moesin) disrupts the amino- and carboxy-terminal association and may play a key role in regulating ERM protein conformation and function (3,4). Phosphorylation at Thr567 of ezrin is required for cytoskeletal rearrangements and oncogene-induced transformation (5). Ezrin is also phosphorylated at tyrosine residues upon growth factor stimulation. Phosphorylation of Tyr353 of ezrin transmits a survival signal during epithelial differentiation (6).
- Tsukita, S. and Yonemura, S. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 34507-34510.
- Mangeat, P. et al. (1999) Trends Cell Biol. 9, 187-192.
- Matsui, T. et al. (1998) J. Cell Biol. 140, 647-657.
- Gautreau, A. et al. (2000) J. Cell Biol. 150, 193-203.
- Tran Quang, C. et al. (2000) EMBO J. 19, 4565-4576.
- Gautreau, A. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 7300-7305.
- Guo, A. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 692-7. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Coffey, G.P. et al. (2009) J Cell Sci 122, 3137-44. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3141 Phospho-Ezrin (Thr567)/Radixin (Thr564)/Moesin (Thr558) Antibody
- 3142 Ezrin/Radixin/Moesin Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3145 Ezrin Antibody
- 3146 Moesin Antibody
- 3150 Moesin (Q480) Antibody
- 3149 Phospho-Ezrin (Thr567)/Radixin (Thr564)/Moesin (Thr558) (41A3) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.