Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Ezh2 (AC22) Mouse mAb #3147
|3147S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3147||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||98||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ezh2 (AC22) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Ezh2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with Ezh2 recombinant protein containing human Ezh2 residues 351-453.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Ezh2 (AC22) Mouse mAb.
The polycomb group (PcG) proteins are involved in maintaining the silenced state of several developmentally regulated genes and contribute to the maintenance of cell identity, cell cycle regulation, and oncogenesis (1,2). Enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (Ezh2), a member of this large protein family, contains four conserved regions including domain I, domain II, and a cysteine-rich amino acid stretch that precedes the carboxy-terminal SET domain (3). The SET domain has been linked with histone methyltransferase (HMTase) activity. Moreover, mammalian Ezh2 is a member of a histone deacetylase complex that functions in gene silencing, acting at the level of chromatin structure (4). Ezh2 complexes methylate histone H3 at Lys9 and 27 in vitro, which is thought to be involved in targeting transcriptional regulators to specific loci (5). Ezh2 is deregulated in various tumor types, and its role, both as a primary effector and as a mediator of tumorigenesis, has become a subject of increased interest (6).
- Sellers, W.R. and Loda, M. (2002) Cancer Cell 2, 349-50.
- Visser, H.P. et al. (2001) Br J Haematol 112, 950-8.
- Chen, H. et al. (1996) Genomics 38, 30-7.
- Tonini, T. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 4930-7.
- Müller, J. et al. (2002) Cell 111, 197-208.
- Kleer, C.G. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100, 11606-11.
- Kalushkova, A. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e11483. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Van Dessel, N. et al. (2010) Nucleic Acids Res , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hung, T. et al. (2011) Nat Genet 43, 621-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4905 Ezh2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.