Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
M-CSF Receptor Antibody #3152
|W||H M||Endogenous||52 cytoplasmic domain. 140 precursor. 175 M-CSF Receptor.||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
M-CSF Receptor Antibody detects endogenous levels of M-CSF receptor.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues of human M-CSF receptor. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Macrophage-colony stimulating factor (M-CSF, CSF-1) receptor is an integral membrane tyrosine kinase encoded by the c-fms proto-oncogene. M-CSF receptor is expressed in monocytes (macrophages and their progenitors) and drives growth and development of this blood cell lineage. (1-3). Binding of M-CSF to its receptor induces receptor dimerization, activation and autophosphorylation of cytoplasmic tyrosine residues used as docking sites for SH2-containing signaling proteins (4). There are at least five major tyrosine autophosphorylation sites. Tyr723 (Tyr721 in mouse) is located in the kinase insert (KI) region. Phosphorylated Tyr723 binds the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase as well as PLCγ2 (5). Phosphorylation of Tyr809 provides a docking site for Shc (5). Overactivation of this receptor can lead to a malignant phenotype in various cell systems (6). The activated M-CSF receptor has been shown to be a predictor of poor outcome in advanced epithelial ovarian carcinoma (7) and breast cancer (8).
After initial dimerization and autophosphorylation, the CSF-1 receptor undergoes regulated intramembrane proteolysis (RIP) which involves proteolytic processing of this membrane protein and results in release of extracellular domain, intramembrane cleavage and release of the cytoplasmic domain into the cytosol (9). The activated intracellular domain then moves to the nucleus and regulates transcription of specifc genes (10). It has been shown that the processing and down modulation of CSF-1 receptor is a continuous process and its rate increases subtantially in response to a variety of stimuli including PMA, LPS, tumor necrosis factor, IL-2, Il-4 and its physiological ligand CSF-1 (9).
- Stanley, E. R. et al. (1978) Nature 274, 168-170.
- Byrne, P. V. et al. (1981) J. Cell. Biol. 91, 848-853.
- Bourette, R. P. et al. (2000) Growth Factors 17, 155-166.
- Novak, U. et al. (1996) Oncogene 13, 2607-2613.
- Bourette, R. P. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 5880-5893.
- Morley, G. M. et al. (1999) Oncogene 18, 3076-3084.
- Toy, E. P. et al. (2001) Gynecol. Oncol. 80, 194-200.
- Maher, M. G. et al. (1998) Clin. Cancer Res. 4, 1851-1856.
- Wilhelmsen, K. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell. Biol. 24(1) , 454-464.
- Urban, S. et al. (2002) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 12, 512-518.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8929 Human Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor (hM-CSF)
- 3155 Phospho-M-CSF Receptor (Tyr723) (49C10) Rabbit mAb
- 3080 Phospho-M-CSF Receptor (Tyr708) Antibody
- 3083 Phospho-M-CSF Receptor (Tyr546) Antibody
- 3151 Phospho-M-CSF Receptor (Tyr723) Antibody
- 3154 Phospho-M-CSF Receptor (Tyr809) Antibody
- 3399 Phospho-M-CSF Receptor (Tyr699) Antibody
- 3406 Phospho-M-CSF Receptor (Tyr923) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.