Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Zap-70 (D1C10E) XP® Rabbit mAb #3165
|W IP IF-F F||H M||Endogenous||70||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Zap-70 (D1C10E) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Zap-70. This antibody does not cross-react with other related proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the amino terminus of human Zap-70.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells using Zap-70 (D1C10E) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Ramos B cells (red) and Jurkat T cells (blue), using Zap-70 (D1C10E) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of human tonsil using Zap-70 (D1C10E) XP® Rabbit mAb (red) showing colocalization with T-cells that have been labeled with CD3 Mouse mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
The Syk family protein tyrosine kinase Zap-70 is expressed in T and NK cells and plays a critical role in mediating T cell activation in response to T cell receptor (TCR) engagement (1). Following TCR engagement, Zap-70 is rapidly phosphorylated on several tyrosine residues through autophosphorylation and transphosphorylation by the Src family tyrosine kinase Lck (2-6). Tyrosine phosphorylation correlates with increased Zap-70 kinase activity and downstream signaling events. Expression of Zap-70 is correlated with disease progression and survival in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (7,8).
- Chu, D.H. et al. (1998) Immunol. Rev. 165, 167-180.
- Iwashima, M. et al. (1994) Science 263, 1136-1139.
- Neumeister, E.N. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell Biol. 15, 3171-3178.
- Chan, A.C. et al. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 2499-2508.
- Williams, B.L. et al. (1999) EMBO J. 18, 1832-1844.
- Di Bartolo, V. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 6285-6294.
- Wiestner, A. et al. (2003) Blood 101, 4944-4951.
- Crespo, M. et al. (2003) N. Engl. J. Med. 348, 1764-1775.
- Harr, M.W. et al. (2010) Cell Death Differ 17, 1381-91. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2701 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody
- 2704 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody
- 2705 Zap-70 (99F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2709 Zap-70 (L1E5) Mouse mAb
- 2707 Zap-70 (136F12) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 2717 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) (65E4) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.