Product Pathways - Translational Control
BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb #3177
|3177S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3177P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3177||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||78||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IHC-F=Immunohistochemistry (Frozen), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total BiP protein.
Source / Purification
BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly584 of human BiP.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human glioblastoma using BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human hepatocellular carcinoma using BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or BiP Blocking Peptide #1084 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen SKOV-3 xenograft using BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb.
Secretory and transmembrane proteins are synthesized on polysomes and translocated into the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). Inside the ER, these proteins are often modified by disulfide bond formation, amino-linked glycosylation and folding. To help proteins fold properly, the ER contains a pool of molecular chaperones including BiP. BiP was identified as an immunoglobulin heavy chain binding protein in pre-B cells (1,2). It was also found to be induced at the protein level by glucose starvation (3). When protein folding is disturbed inside ER, BiP synthesis is increased. Subsequently, BiP binds to misfolded proteins to prevent them from forming aggregates and assists in proper refolding (4).
- Guo, L. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 18170-80. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Moumen, A. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e26066. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 3179 Phospho-PERK (Thr980) (16F8) Rabbit mAb
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 2433 Calnexin Antibody
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4759 ER Protein Folding Antibody Sampler Kit
- 1084 BiP Blocking Peptide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.