Product Pathways - Translational Control
BiP Antibody #3183
|3183S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3183||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||78||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
BiP Antibody detects endogenous levels of total BiP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human BiP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Secretory and transmembrane proteins are synthesized on polysomes and translocated into the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). Inside the ER, these proteins are often modified by disulfide bond formation, amino-linked glycosylation and folding. To help proteins fold properly, the ER contains a pool of molecular chaperones including BiP. BiP was identified as an immunoglobulin heavy chain binding protein in pre-B cells (1,2). It was also found to be induced at the protein level by glucose starvation (3). When protein folding is disturbed inside ER, BiP synthesis is increased. Subsequently, BiP binds to misfolded proteins to prevent them from forming aggregates and assists in proper refolding (4).
- De Raedt, T. et al. (2011) Cancer Cell 20, 400-13. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3179 Phospho-PERK (Thr980) (16F8) Rabbit mAb
- 2679 Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 2446 PDI Antibody
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.