Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb #3187
|W IHC-P IF-IC||H||Endogenous||29||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total NQO1 protein.
Source / Purification
NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb is produced by immunizing mice with purified recombinant human NQO1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from several cell lines using NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb.
NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1) is a flavoprotein that catalyzes the two-electron reduction of quinones and their derivatives (1,2). This enzyme protects cells against redox cycling and oxidative stress (1,3). The expression of NQO1 is increased in liver, colon and breast tumors and non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) compared with the normal tissues (1,2). Moreover, expression levels are also elevated in developing tumors, suggesting a role for NQ01 in the prevention of tumor development (1). Studies on NQO1 knockout mice suggest that the lack of NQO1 enzymatic activity changes intracellular redox states resulting in a reduction in apoptosis, which in turns leads to myeloid hyperplasia of bone marrow (2).
- Belinsky, M. and Jaiswal, A.K. (1993) Cancer Metastasis Rev. 12, 103-117.
- Siegel, D. et al. (1998) Clin. Cancer Res. 4, 2065-2070.
- Long, D.J. et al. (2002) Cancer Res. 62, 3030-3036.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3206 GPX1 Antibody
- 2298 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Mouse/Rat Preferred)
- 2285 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2770 SOD1 Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.