Product Pathways - Metabolism
Aldolase A Antibody #3188
|W||H M R Hm Mk||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Aldolase A Antibody detects endogenous levels of total fructose bisphosphate aldolase A protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of humanfructose bisphosphate aldolase A protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Aldolase (fructose bisphosphate aldolase), a glycolytic enzyme, catalyzes the conversion of fructose 1, 6-bisphosphate to 3-phosphoglyceraldehyde. This ubiquitous enzyme is present as three different isozymes: aldolase A, aldolase B, and aldolase C. Research studies suggest that aldolase A expression potentially differentiates between nonneoplastic liver diseases and hepatocarcinoma (1). Furthermore, investigators have shown that changes in aldolase B gene expression levels have been observed in certain patients with this primary tumor (2,3).
- Castaldo, G. et al. (2000) Clin. Chem. 46, 901-906.
- Kinoshita, M. and Miyata, M. (2002) Hepatology 36, 433-438.
- Song, H. et al. (2004) World J. Gastroenterol 10, 509-513.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.