Product Pathways - Translational Control
PERK (C33E10) Rabbit mAb #3192
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||140||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PERK (C33E10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PERK protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human PERK.
Protein kinase-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase (PERK) is an eIF2α kinase and transmembrane protein resident in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) membrane that couples ER stress signals to translation inhibition (1-3). ER stress increases the activity of PERK, which then phosphorylates eIF2α to promote reduced translation. Research studies have demonstrated that PERK-deficient mice have defects in pancreatic β cells several weeks after birth, suggesting a role for PERK-mediated translational control in protecting secretory cells from ER stress (4). PERK activation during ER stress correlates with autophosphorylation of its cytoplasmic kinase domain (1-3). Phosphorylation of PERK at Thr980 serves as a marker for its activation status.
- Harding, H. et al. (1999) Nature 397, 271-274.
- Shi, Y. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 7499-7509.
- Harding, H. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 5, 897-904.
- Harding, H. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell 7, 1153-1163.
- Chen, C.H. et al. (2011) Sci Signal 4, ra10. Applications: Western Blotting
- De Raedt, T. et al. (2011) Cancer Cell 20, 400-13. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3179 Phospho-PERK (Thr980) (16F8) Rabbit mAb
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 2679 Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb
- 2433 Calnexin Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 2895 CHOP (L63F7) Mouse mAb
- 3597 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) (119A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9721 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Antibody
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 2886 ERp44 Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 2446 PDI Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.