Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Yes Antibody #3201
|W IP||H Mk B||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Yes Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Yes protein. This antibody does not cross-react with Src.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human Yes protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The cellular oncogene c-Yes and its viral homologue v-Yes (the transforming gene of Yamaguchi 73 and Esh avian sarcoma viruses) encode a 60 kDa, cytoplasmic, membrane-associated, protein-tyrosine kinase (1). Yes belongs to the Src kinase family and is ubiquitously expressed in many tissues and cells. Like other Src family members, Yes contains several conserved functional domains such as an N-terminal myristoylation sequence for membrane targeting, SH2 and SH3 domains, a kinase domain, and a C-terminal non-catalytic domain (2). Although several lines of evidence support redundancy in signaling between Yes and other Src family kinases, there is also a growing body of evidence indicating specificity in Yes signaling (2). Yes is activated downstream of a multitude of cell surface receptors, including receptor tyrosine kinases, G protein-coupled receptors, and cytokine receptors (3). In addition, both Yes and Src kinases are activated during the cell cycle transition from G2 to M phase (3). Investigators have found that dysfunction of Yes is associated with the development of various cancers (4).
- Pena, S.V. et al. (1995) Gastroenterology 108, 117-24.
- Summy, J.M. et al. (2003) Front Biosci 8, s185-205.
- Summy, J.M. et al. (2003) J Cell Sci 116, 2585-98.
- Rungsipipat, A. et al. (1999) Res Vet Sci 66, 205-10.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 6943 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) (D49G4) Rabbit mAb
- 2101 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) Antibody
- 2123 Src (32G6) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2109 Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb
- 2110 Src (L4A1) Mouse mAb
- 2105 Phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 2102 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr416) (7G9) Mouse mAb
- 2108 Src Antibody
- 2107 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 4023 Fyn Antibody
- 4352 Hck Antibody
- 2731 Phospho-Lyn (Tyr507) Antibody
- 2796 Lyn (C13F9) Rabbit mAb
- 4576 Lyn (5G2) Mouse mAb
- 2732 Lyn Antibody
- 2755 Fgr Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.