Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
Androgen Receptor Antibody #3202
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Androgen Receptor Antibody detects endogenous levels of total androgen receptor.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser213 of human androgen receptor. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Androgen receptor (AR), a zinc finger transcription factor belonging to the nuclear receptor superfamily, is activated by phosphorylation and dimerization upon ligand binding (1). This promotes nuclear localization and binding of AR to androgen response elements in androgen target genes. AR plays a crucial role in several stages of male development and the progression of prostate cancer (2,3).
- Li, J. and Al-Azzawi, F. (2009) Maturitas 63, 142-8.
- Avila, D.M. et al. (2001) J. Steroid. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 76, 135-142.
- Montgomery, J.S. et al. (2001) J. Pathol. 195, 138-146.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.