Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
GPX1 Antibody #3206
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GPX1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GPX1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human GPX1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Glutathione peroxidase 1 (GPX1) is a cytosolic selenoprotein which reduces hydrogen peroxide to water (1). GPX1 is the most abundant and ubiquitous among the five GPX isoforms identified so far (2). It is an important component in the anti-oxidative defense in cells and is associated with a variety of disease conditions, such as colon cancer (3), coronary artery disease (4) and insulin resistance (1).
- McClung, J.P. et al. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101, 8852-8857.
- Hamanishi, T. et al. (2004) Diabetes 53, 2455-2460.
- Drew, J.E. et al. (2005) FEBS Lett. 579, 6135-6139.
- Winter, J.P. et al. (2003) Coron. Artery Dis. 14, 149-153.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3286 GPX1 (C8C4) Rabbit mAb
- 3187 NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb
- 2285 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2298 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Mouse/Rat Preferred)
- 2770 SOD1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.