Product Pathways - Apoptosis
AP-2α Antibody #3208
|3208S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3208||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||48||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
AP-2α Antibody detects endogenous levels of total AP-2α protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence of human AP-2α. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using AP-2alpha Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using AP-2alpha Antibody.
The sequence-specific transcription factor activator protein 2α (AP-2α) is required for normal growth and morphogenesis during mammalian development (1,2). Decreased or loss of AP-2α expression has been observed in many different types of human cancers including breast cancer (3,4), ovarian cancer (5), melanoma (6) and prostate cancer (7). These findings suggest that AP-2α expression plays a crucial role in tumorigenicity. Studies have also shown that p53 overexpression in human breast carcinoma cells induces the level of AP-2α expression. Furthermore, p53 binds to the cis-element in the AP-2α promoter, suggesting that AP-2α is a target of p53. AP-2α may mediate the effect of p53 to inhibit cell proliferation (8).
- Mitchell, P.J. et al. (1987) Cell 50, 847-61.
- Williams, T. and Tjian, R. (1991) Genes Dev 5, 670-82.
- Douglas, D.B. et al. (2004) Cancer Res 64, 1611-20.
- Gee, J.M. et al. (1999) J Pathol 189, 514-20.
- Anttila, M.A. et al. (2000) Br J Cancer 82, 1974-83.
- Jean, D. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 16501-8.
- Ruiz, M. et al. (2004) Cancer Res 64, 631-8.
- Li, H. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 5405-15.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.