Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-Etk (Tyr40) Antibody #3211
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Etk (Tyr40) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Etk only when phosphorylated at Tyr40. This antibody may cross react with activated EGF Receptor. This antibody may cross react with other family members including ITK and BTK when overexpressed.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr40 of human Etk. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Etk, also known as BMX, is a member of the Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) family (1). It is expressed in a variety of hematopoietic, epithelial and endothelial cells. Etk, like other Btk family members, contains a pleckstrin homology (PH) domain and Src homology SH3 and SH2 domains. It participates in multiple signal transduction pathways (2). Phosphorylation of Tyr566 by Src kinase is required for activation of Etk in vivo (3). In endothelial and epithelial cells, Etk is regulated by FAK through phosphorylation at Tyr40 (4).
- Tamagnone, L. et al. (1994) Oncogene 9, 3683-3688.
- Qiu, Y. and Kung, H.J. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5651-5661.
- Tsai, Y.T. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 2043-2054.
- Chen, R. et al. (2001) Nat. Cell Biol. 3, 439-444.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.