Product Pathways - Development
Dvl2 Antibody #3216
|3216S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3216||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey, Mink||Endogenous||90 to 95||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Dvl2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Dvl2 protein. It does not cross-react with Dvl3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser638 of human Dvl2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of total cell extracts from 293, COS, Mv 1 Lu, CHO and NICI-H1299 cells, using Dvl2 antibody.
Dishevelled (Dsh) proteins are important intermediates of Wnt signaling pathways. Dsh inhibits glycogen synthase kinase-3β promoting β-catenin stabilization. Dsh proteins also participate in the planar cell polarity pathway by acting through JNK (1,2). There are three Dsh homologs, Dvl1, Dvl2 and Dvl3 in mammals. Upon treatment with Wnt proteins, Dvls become hyperphosphorylated (3) and accumulate in the nucleus (4). Dvl proteins also associate with actin fibers and cytoplasmic vesicular membranes (5) and mediate endocytosis of the Fzd receptor after Wnt protein stimulation (6). Overexpression of Dvl has been reported in certain cancers (7,8).
- Logan, C.Y. and Nusse, R. (2004) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 20, 781-810.
- Boutros, M. and Mlodzik, M. (1999) Mech. Dev. 83, 27-37.
- Lee, J.S. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 21464-70.
- Itoh, K. et al. (2005) J. Biol. 4, 3.1-3.12.
- Capelluto, D.G. et al. (2002) Nature 419, 726-729.
- Chen, W. et al. (2003) Science 301, 1391-1394.
- Okino , K. et al. (2003) Oncol. Rep. 10, 1219-1223.
- Uematsu, K. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 7218-7221.
- Liang, J. et al. (2011) Mol Cell Biol 31, 2577-90. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.