Product Pathways - Development
Dvl3 Antibody #3218
|W IP||H M R Hm Mk Mi B||Endogenous||88 to 93||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey Mi=Mink B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Dvl3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Dvl3 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with Dvl2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the carboxy terminus of human Dvl3. The antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Dishevelled (Dsh) proteins are important intermediates of Wnt signaling pathways. Dsh inhibits glycogen synthase kinase-3β promoting β-catenin stabilization. Dsh proteins also participate in the planar cell polarity pathway by acting through JNK (1,2). There are three Dsh homologs, Dvl1, Dvl2 and Dvl3 in mammals. Upon treatment with Wnt proteins, Dvls become hyperphosphorylated (3) and accumulate in the nucleus (4). Dvl proteins also associate with actin fibers and cytoplasmic vesicular membranes (5) and mediate endocytosis of the Fzd receptor after Wnt protein stimulation (6). Overexpression of Dvl has been reported in certain cancers (7,8).
- Logan, C.Y. and Nusse, R. (2004) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 20, 781-810.
- Boutros, M. and Mlodzik, M. (1999) Mech. Dev. 83, 27-37.
- Lee, J.S. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 21464-70.
- Itoh, K. et al. (2005) J. Biol. 4, 3.1-3.12.
- Capelluto, D.G. et al. (2002) Nature 419, 726-729.
- Chen, W. et al. (2003) Science 301, 1391-1394.
- Okino , K. et al. (2003) Oncol. Rep. 10, 1219-1223.
- Uematsu, K. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 7218-7221.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.