Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Ret Antibody #3220
|W IP||H||Endogenous||170, 175||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ret Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Ret protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr1085 of human Ret. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Ret proto-oncogene (c-Ret) is a receptor tyrosine kinase that functions as a multicompetent receptor complex in conjunction with other membrane-bound, ligand-binding GDNF family receptors (1). Ligands that bind the Ret receptor include the glial cell line-derived neurotropic factor (GDNF) and its congeners neurturin, persephin, and artemin (2-4). Research studies have shown that alterations in the corresponding RET gene are associated with diseases including papillary thyroid carcinoma, multiple endocrine neoplasia (type 2A and 2B), familial medullary thyroid carcinoma, and a congenital developmental disorder known as Hirschsprung’s disease (1,3). The Tyr905 residue located in the Ret kinase domain plays a crucial role in Ret catalytic and biological activity. Substitution of Phe for Tyr at position 905 dramatically inhibits Ret autophosphorylation activity (5).
- Airaksinen, M.S. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 13, 313-325.
- Takahashi, M. et al. (1989) Oncogene 4, 805-806.
- Manie, S. et al. (2001) Trends Genet. 17, 580-589.
- Tallini, G. and Asa, S. (2001) Adv. Anat. Pathol. 8, 345-354.
- Iwashita, T. et al. (1999) Oncogene 18, 3919-3922.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3223 Ret (C31B4) Rabbit mAb
- 3221 Phospho-Ret (Tyr905) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.