Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Ret (C31B4) Rabbit mAb #3223
|W IP IF-IC F||H||Endogenous||170, 175||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ret (C31B4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Ret protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other related proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human Ret cytoplasmic domain fusion protein.
Flow cytometric analysis of TT cells using Ret (C31B4) Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF7 (left) and HeLa cells (right) using Ret (C31B4) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
The Ret proto-oncogene (c-Ret) is a receptor tyrosine kinase that functions as a multicompetent receptor complex in conjunction with other membrane-bound, ligand-binding GDNF family receptors (1). Ligands that bind the Ret receptor include the glial cell line-derived neurotropic factor (GDNF) and its congeners neurturin, persephin, and artemin (2-4). Research studies have shown that alterations in the corresponding RET gene are associated with diseases including papillary thyroid carcinoma, multiple endocrine neoplasia (type 2A and 2B), familial medullary thyroid carcinoma, and a congenital developmental disorder known as Hirschsprung’s disease (1,3). The Tyr905 residue located in the Ret kinase domain plays a crucial role in Ret catalytic and biological activity. Substitution of Phe for Tyr at position 905 dramatically inhibits Ret autophosphorylation activity (5).
- Airaksinen, M.S. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 13, 313-325.
- Takahashi, M. et al. (1989) Oncogene 4, 805-806.
- Manie, S. et al. (2001) Trends Genet. 17, 580-589.
- Tallini, G. and Asa, S. (2001) Adv. Anat. Pathol. 8, 345-354.
- Iwashita, T. et al. (1999) Oncogene 18, 3919-3922.
- Plaza-Menacho, I. et al. (2010) Oncogene 29, 4648-57. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells) Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3220 Ret Antibody
- 3221 Phospho-Ret (Tyr905) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit monoclonal antibody is produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.