Product Pathways - Development
Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb #3224
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||90 to 95||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Dvl2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly176 of human Dvl2.
Western blot analysis of total cell lysates from various cell lines using Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb.
Dishevelled (Dsh) proteins are important intermediates of Wnt signaling pathways. Dsh inhibits glycogen synthase kinase-3β promoting β-catenin stabilization. Dsh proteins also participate in the planar cell polarity pathway by acting through JNK (1,2). There are three Dsh homologs, Dvl1, Dvl2 and Dvl3 in mammals. Upon treatment with Wnt proteins, Dvls become hyperphosphorylated (3) and accumulate in the nucleus (4). Dvl proteins also associate with actin fibers and cytoplasmic vesicular membranes (5) and mediate endocytosis of the Fzd receptor after Wnt protein stimulation (6). Overexpression of Dvl has been reported in certain cancers (7,8).
- Logan, C.Y. and Nusse, R. (2004) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 20, 781-810.
- Boutros, M. and Mlodzik, M. (1999) Mech. Dev. 83, 27-37.
- Lee, J.S. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 21464-70.
- Itoh, K. et al. (2005) J. Biol. 4, 3.1-3.12.
- Capelluto, D.G. et al. (2002) Nature 419, 726-729.
- Chen, W. et al. (2003) Science 301, 1391-1394.
- Okino , K. et al. (2003) Oncol. Rep. 10, 1219-1223.
- Uematsu, K. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 7218-7221.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2391 Wnt3a Antibody
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.