Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
MCM4 Antibody #3228
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||96||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MCM4 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total MCM4 protein. This antibody cross-reacts with a 250 kDa protein of unknown origin.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly431 of human MCM4 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The minichromosome maintenance (MCM) 2-7 proteins are a family of six related proteins required for initiation and elongation of DNA replication. MCM2-7 bind together to form the heterohexameric MCM complex that is thought to act as a replicative helicase at the DNA replication fork (1-5). This complex is a key component of the pre-replication complex (pre-RC) (reviewed in 1). Cdc6 and CDT1 recruit the MCM complex to the origin recognition complex (ORC) during late mitosis/early G1 phase forming the pre-RC and licensing the DNA for replication (reviewed in 2). Licensing of the chromatin permits the DNA to replicate only once per cell cycle, thereby helping to ensure that genetic alterations and malignant cell growth do not occur (reviewed in 3). Phosphorylation of the MCM2, MCM3, MCM4, and MCM6 subunits appears to regulate MCM complex activity and the initiation of DNA synthesis (6-8). MCM proteins are removed during DNA replication, causing chromatin to become unlicensed through inhibition of pre-RC reformation. Studies have shown that the MCM complex is involved in checkpoint control by protecting the structure of the replication fork and assisting in restarting replication by recruiting checkpoint proteins after arrest (reviewed in 3,9).
- Lei, M. and Tye, B.K. (2001) J Cell Sci 114, 1447-54.
- Lygerou, Z. and Nurse, P. (2000) Science 290, 2271-3.
- Forsburg, S.L. (2004) Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 68, 109-31.
- Tye, B.K. and Sawyer, S. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 34833-6.
- Labib, K. et al. (2000) Science 288, 1643-7.
- Charych, D.H. et al. (2008) J Cell Biochem 104, 1075-86.
- Masai, H. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 39249-61.
- Lin, D.I. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 105, 8079-84.
- Bailis, J.M. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 1724-38.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3619 MCM2 (D7G11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4003 MCM3 (D47B6) Rabbit mAb
- 3735 MCM7 (D10A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8861 Phospho-MCM2 (Ser139) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.