Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr627) Antibody #3231
|3231S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3231||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||110||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Hamster.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr627) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Gab1 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 627. The antibody may cross-react with phosphorylated Gab2 or Gab3, or with activated receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr627 of human Gab1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Grb-associated binder (Gab) family is a family of adaptor proteins recruited by a wide variety of receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) such as EGFR, HGFR, insulin receptor, cytokine receptor and B cell antigen receptors. Upon stimulation of RTKs by their cognate ligand, Gab is recruited to the plasma membrane where it is phosphorylated and functions as a scaffold (1-4). Multiple tyrosine phosphorylation sites of Gab1 protein have been identified (5). Phosphorylation of Tyr472 regulates its binding to p85 PI3 kinase (6,7). Phosphorylation of Gab1 at Tyr307, Tyr373 and Tyr407 modulates its association to PLCγ (8). Phosphorylation of Tyr627 and Tyr659 is required for Gab1 binding to and activation of the protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP2 (6,9).
- Holgado-Madruga, M. et al. (1996) Nature 379, 560-564.
- Weidner, K.M. et al. (1996) Nature 384, 173-176.
- Takahashi-Tezuka, M. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 4109-4117.
- Ingham, R.J. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 12257-65.
- Lehr, S. et al. (1999) Biochemistry 38, 151-159.
- Rocchi, S. et al. (1998) Mol. Endocrinol. 12, 914-923.
- Yu, C.F. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 32552-8.
- Gual, P. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 1509-18.
- Cunnick, J.M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 24380-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3232 Gab1 Antibody
- 3234 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr307) Antibody
- 3239 Gab2 (26B6) Rabbit mAb
- 3882 Phospho-Gab2 (Tyr452) (C33G1) Rabbit mAb
- 3881 Phospho-Gab2 (Tyr452) Antibody
- 3884 Phospho-Gab2 (Ser159) Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2821 Phospho-PLCγ1 (Tyr783) Antibody
- 2822 PLCγ1 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3233 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr627) (C32H2) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.