Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Gab1 Antibody #3232
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||110||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Gab1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Gab1 protein. This antibody may cross with Gab2 and Gab3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr472 of human Gab1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HEK293, NIH/3T3-L1, C6 and COS cells, using Gab1 Antibody.
The Grb-associated binder (Gab) family is a family of adaptor proteins recruited by a wide variety of receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) such as EGFR, HGFR, insulin receptor, cytokine receptor and B cell antigen receptors. Upon stimulation of RTKs by their cognate ligand, Gab is recruited to the plasma membrane where it is phosphorylated and functions as a scaffold (1-4). Multiple tyrosine phosphorylation sites of Gab1 protein have been identified (5). Phosphorylation of Tyr472 regulates its binding to p85 PI3 kinase (6,7). Phosphorylation of Gab1 at Tyr307, Tyr373 and Tyr407 modulates its association to PLCγ (8). Phosphorylation of Tyr627 and Tyr659 is required for Gab1 binding to and activation of the protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP2 (6,9).
- Holgado-Madruga, M. et al. (1996) Nature 379, 560-564.
- Weidner, K.M. et al. (1996) Nature 384, 173-176.
- Takahashi-Tezuka, M. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 4109-4117.
- Ingham, R.J. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 12257-65.
- Lehr, S. et al. (1999) Biochemistry 38, 151-159.
- Rocchi, S. et al. (1998) Mol. Endocrinol. 12, 914-923.
- Yu, C.F. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 32552-8.
- Gual, P. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 1509-18.
- Cunnick, J.M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 24380-7.
- Miura, K. et al. (2013) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting
- Chaudhuri, A. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 32762-74. Applications: Western Blotting
- Guo, A. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 692-7. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3234 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr307) Antibody
- 3231 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr627) Antibody
- 3239 Gab2 (26B6) Rabbit mAb
- 3882 Phospho-Gab2 (Tyr452) (C33G1) Rabbit mAb
- 3881 Phospho-Gab2 (Tyr452) Antibody
- 2821 Phospho-PLCγ1 (Tyr783) Antibody
- 2822 PLCγ1 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3884 Phospho-Gab2 (Ser159) Antibody
- 3233 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr627) (C32H2) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.