Product Pathways - Adhesion
Caveolin-1 Antibody #3238
|W IP IHC-P IHC-F IF-IC F||H M R Hm Z B Pg||Endogenous||21, 24||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caveolin-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of caveolin-1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with caveolin-2 or -3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu20 of human caveolin-1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Caveolin-1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma using Caveolin-1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung using Caveolin-1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon using Caveolin-1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Caveolin-1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded 4T1 syngeneic mouse tumor using Caveolin-1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen H1650 xenograft showing cytoplasmic and membrane localization, using Caveolin-1 Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using Caveolin-1 antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of C2C12 cells using Caveolin-1 Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor(R) 555 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
The 21-24 kDa integral proteins, caveolins, are the principal structural components of the cholesterol/sphingolipid-enriched plasma membrane microdomain caveolae. Three members of the caveolin family (caveolin-1, -2, and -3) have been identified with different tissue distributions. Caveolins form hetero- and homo-oligomers that interact with cholesterol and other lipids (1). Caveolins are involved in diverse biological functions, including vesicular trafficking, cholesterol homeostasis, cell adhesion, and apoptosis, and are also implicated in neurodegenerative disease (2). Caveolins interact with multiple signaling molecules such as Gα subunit, tyrosine kinase receptors, PKCs, Src family tyrosine kinases, and eNOS (1,2). It is believed that caveolins serve as scaffolding proteins for the integration of signal transduction. Phosphorylation at Tyr14 is essential for caveolin association with SH2 or PTB domain-containing adaptor proteins such as GRB7 (3-5). Phosphorylation at Ser80 regulates caveolin binding to the ER membrane and entry into the secretory pathway (6).
- Okamoto, T. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 5419-22.
- Smart, E.J. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 7289-304.
- Nomura, R. et al. (1999) Mol. Biol. Cell 10, 975-986.
- Volonte, D. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 8094-8103.
- Lee, H. et al. (2000) Mol Endocrinol 14, 1750-75.
- Schlegel, A. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 4398-408.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3251 Phospho-Caveolin-1 (Tyr14) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.