Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Gab2 (26B6) Rabbit mAb #3239
|W||H M||Endogenous||90||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Gab2 (26B6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels total of Gab2 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with Gab1 or Gab3.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human Gab2 protein.
The Grb-associated binder (Gab) family is a family of adaptor proteins recruited by a wide variety of receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) such as EGFR, HGFR, insulin receptor, cytokine receptor and B cell antigen receptors. Upon stimulation of RTKs by their cognate ligand, Gab is recruited to the plasma membrane where it is phosphorylated and functions as a scaffold (1-4). Multiple tyrosine phosphorylation sites of Gab1 protein have been identified (5). Phosphorylation of Tyr472 regulates its binding to p85 PI3 kinase (6,7). Phosphorylation of Gab1 at Tyr307, Tyr373 and Tyr407 modulates its association to PLCγ (8). Phosphorylation of Tyr627 and Tyr659 is required for Gab1 binding to and activation of the protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP2 (6,9).
Gab2, a recently identified docking protein of Gab family, contains a pleckstrin homology domain and potential binding sites for SH2 and SH3 domain-containing proteins. Gab2 has been shown to support growth, differentiation and function in a number of hematopoietic cells (10).
- Holgado-Madruga, M. et al. (1996) Nature 379, 560-564.
- Weidner, K.M. et al. (1996) Nature 384, 173-176.
- Takahashi-Tezuka, M. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 4109-4117.
- Ingham, R.J. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 12257-65.
- Lehr, S. et al. (1999) Biochemistry 38, 151-159.
- Rocchi, S. et al. (1998) Mol. Endocrinol. 12, 914-923.
- Yu, C.F. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 32552-8.
- Gual, P. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 1509-18.
- Cunnick, J.M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 24380-7.
- Yi, Q. et al. (2005) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 337, 446-451.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3882 Phospho-Gab2 (Tyr452) (C33G1) Rabbit mAb
- 3881 Phospho-Gab2 (Tyr452) Antibody
- 3884 Phospho-Gab2 (Ser159) Antibody
- 3232 Gab1 Antibody
- 3234 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr307) Antibody
- 3231 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr627) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3233 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr627) (C32H2) Rabbit mAb
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.